Friday, November 19, 2010

Emro Customer Solutions

My newest article went up on Embrocation today and I gotta say....I'm funny. Check it out.

Customer Solutions
By: Amanda Sundvor
Before I started working on bikes if you asked me to fix a problem with one, be it simple as a flat fix or a stem adjustment, I wouldn’t know my ass from a hole in the ground. I knew squat and what I thought I did know, was usually wrong. Well, most of it anyway. Example: you can not use the tongs of a fork instead of a tire lever on an Armadillo tire. You just can’t. It doesn’t work. Every time I learned something new about bicycles I would think back to what I initially thought was the the answer to the problem and laugh because I was so, so wrong. Oh, what a fool I was. I love that about bike repair. It can be a humbling experience and when you’re awesome like me it’s good to have something in your life to take you down a peg or two. It’s because of my learning experiences that when I take in a bike for repair and see customer’s problem solving hard at work, well, it just tickles me pink. Don’t get me wrong, sometimes a bike comes in and a customer has Jerry rigged something to compensate for a broken part and I say to myself, “self, that is some clever stuff right there.” Sometimes. The rest of the time I am busting out the camera and calling the guys over to “come check this shit out!” Like this number:

No comments:

Post a Comment