Sunday, July 10, 2011

Rev3: Neutral Support

Day two of my first experience being a race mechanic and it was so rad... my head might explode. Today was neutral support so after last minute adjustments before the race started, we headed out in the car and drove up and down the course looking for people who were broke down on the side of the road. We would stop and fix their problem and they could continue their race. It was a half Ironman meaning we were out there for awhile. It was a lot of fun and I know it's something I want to do again. Fo sho. It's really exciting to do something that I love to do so much and in the same time help someone continue their race. You kind of form a bond with that person and you get to cheer them on every time you pass them. I think I'm in love....

I don't need a bracelet to tell me what I already know, but apparently it helps other people identify me as such. Not everyone is as perceptive as I am.

Wow, doesn't Muck look super intelligent in this picture? I think so, and super fit to boot.






This is just one half of the bikes in this corral and Muck and I were the only two mechanics on duty. Uhhhh... we crushed it.


This is Meredith. She pretty much DOMINATED the woman's pro race. That picture I posted from of Muck fishing out that valve extender from that wheel yesterday was hers. By some miracle he got it out, glued up her tubular, and she was able to ride to victory. So.... in a way, we won today too. Although, I win every day.


This is Muck's friend, Courtney, from Boulder, CO. Super nice lady.

Muck is a seasoned race mechanic and this was my first one. He drove so I could jump out and take care of business when people needed roadside help.










I was surprised to see how many people who were just out riding their bikes on the race course.... especially since there was a bike path that ran parallel to it. Although, I wish this guy was racing and I wish he would've won. Nice flags.

No comments:

Post a Comment